The Datacard® SP55 Plus card printer is the fastest system in the SP Series line. It’s also versatile enough to print loyalty cards for leisure and entertainment or secure photo ID cards for schools and corporations. You can even issue multi-technology IDs that enable physical and logical access, cashless payment and more.
Maintain high speeds for continuous productivity.
Expand the possibilities with smart card, proximity card, bar code and magnetic stripe options
- Direct-to-card dye sublimation/ resin thermal transfer
- 300 dots per inch (11.8 dots/mm)
- 256 shades
- Full color printing: Up to 190 cards per hour (YMCKT ribbon); up to 155 cards per hour (YMCKT-K)
- Monochrome printing: Up to 1000 cards per hour (K ribbon)
- Print speed dependant on card design and does not include encoding
- 21.5 in. (L) x 7.78 in. (W) x 9.5 in. (H) to 11.9 in. (H)
- 546 mm x 198 mm x 241 mm to 302 mm
- Less than 9 lbs (4 kg) depending on printer configuration options
- Printer drivers for Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP and Windows Vista® operating systems and Datacard® Open Platform printer driver for non-Windows operating systems i.e. Linux® operating system
- 24-month standard depot warranty for ID card printer
- 24-month printhead warranty — no prorating, no card counting
Flexible ID card designs
Choose one-sided output or double each card’s real estate with two-sided printing. Either way, expect brilliant results with dye sublimation quality and edge-to-edge coverage.
Full-color or single-color imaging
Create unique full-color ID card designs for maximum impact, or use a single-color ribbon to personalize preprinted cards.
100-card input hopper with automatic card feed
Stack cards in the hopper and start printing immediately, freeing operators to focus on other tasks. The printer automatically feeds cards until the input hopper is empty.
Simplify maintenance with replacement printheads that snap into place in seconds.
Intelligent printer driver
Make daily tasks easier with a sophisticated printer driver. It automatically adjusts the settings for new ribbons. It also allows operators to fine-tune badge printing characteristics with image and color controls, perform routine tasks such as printer cleaning, and open user help topics.